- Students attend college for half days for one semester and receive two high school credits upon successful completion.
- Students rotate through program clusters where they are exposed to more than 25 Holland College programs.
- Rotations are complemented by tours, guest speakers, volunteering, fundraising, presenting, and portfolio development.
- Business Administration
- Arts & Media
- Sports Recreation & Conservation
- Trades & Tech East
- Foods, Travel, & Hospitality
- Police Academy
- Trades & Tech West
- Exposure to programs offered at Charlottetown campus
- Cadets Canada (Air, Army, Sea)
- Conservatory Canada
- Dance Umbrella
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Island Dance Academy
- PEI 4H Council
- Royal Canadian Army Reserve
- Royal Canadian Naval Reserve
- Royal Conservatory of Music
- Sport PEI
Academy Diploma Program
The 5 components of the ADP are:
- A defined bundle of Grade 11 and Grade 12 credits.
- Sector-recognized certifications and training courses/programs.
- Community based learning experiences within the sector.
- Pathway exploration activities connected with post-secondary goals.
- Development of a Life Work Portfolio to document learning and achievement.
There are currently active ADPs at Island high schools in:
- Arts and Culture (Bluefield High School)
- Aviation and Aerospace (Three Oaks Senior High School – also available to students from Kensington and Kinkora)
- Business and Innovation (Colonel Gray Senior High School)
- Tourism and Culinary (Kensington Intermediate Senior High School)
- Agriculture and Bioscience (Kinkora Regional High School and Westisle Composite High School)
There are many opportunities to develop ADPs in other sectors, such as fisheries and aquaculture, or health and wellness.
UPEI High School Physics Enrichment Program
This program is designed for students that have an interest in a university degree program that requires the student to take at least 1st year physics. It consists of a mix of directed self study supported by online resource materials and in-class activities. Students who complete the program may challenge for a UPEI credit at their own expense.
- Recommendation from Principal
- Parent consent form
- Grade 11 Physics (or equivalent) with a 90% grade level.
- Scheduled to complete Grade 12 Physics during the current academic year.
- Student has maintained at least 90% grade average in all courses taken to date.
- Every second Saturday from Oct to June from 1-4 pm
← Pathway OptionsPost Secondary Credentials →